At Molecular Testing Labs, we are committed to establishing compliance and ethics as key elements of our values and our culture. We expect all employees, contractors and agents of the lab to conduct themselves with the utmost integrity. Because of the work we do, state and federal laws and regulations require constant attention. We strive for excellence in our Compliance and Ethics Program which is comprised of the following seven pillars:
- Standards and Procedures
- Education and Training
- Monitoring and Auditing
- Enforcement and Discipline
- Response and Prevention
Molecular Testing Labs™ (Molecular) is in full compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Molecular reinforces the following:
- Molecular is a CMS Designated “Covered Entity” sworn to uphold all HIPAA Considerations.
- All employees, contractors and agents of the lab must complete annual compliance Training.
- All Providers must be Registered with Molecular.
- Physician and Patient Signature of Consent mandatory on all tests.
- Use of encryption is required on applicable communications.
- Laboratory Information System access is protected per HIPAA Guidelines.