COVID-19 Infection Testing
Molecular has been providing coronavirus and flu testing for clinical studies, public health institutions, and prestigious universities long before our current pandemic. Our leading-edge work in this area positioned us for a rapid response to the national pandemic and the ability to process up to 4,500 COVID-19 tests per day. We recognize the critical need for this testing to help ease the burden on our health care system and to help protect our first responders and essential workers who are on the front lines of service. Molecular is working with local and state health departments, hospitals, and private providers to increase access to testing with swift and accurate results.
Authorization & Accreditation
- Molecular is a CLIA licensed and CAP accredited laboratory.
- COVID testing is available in all 50 States.
- Molecular is approved to offer provider-collected SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) infection testing through nasopharyngeal, nasal mid-turbinate, anterior nares, and oropharyngeal collection methods.
- Molecular is using EUA-cleared kits for our rtPCR and serology antibody assays.
- We are currently working with the FDA on approved at-home collection test kits that will allow providers to order testing that can be sent directly to the patient.
How Can I Get Tested?
This test can be ordered through your primary care provider or other healthcare programs offered through your health plan or employer. The testing is recommended for patients who meet the clinical CDC Criteria for testing. These criteria include but are not limited to hospitalized patients, healthcare workers and first responders, residents in long-term care facilities, and other individuals who show symptoms of potential COVID-19 infection.
If you are a provider or organization that is needing access to COVID-19 testing, please contact our Client Services department for more information.
What Will it Cost?
There are no out-of-pocket costs to patients for this testing. Molecular will bill the patient insurance or appropriate government program at rates established by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Molecular also offers a cash-pay rate of $100 per test for providers and organizations who prefer to go this route.
Test Result Reporting
Test results will be provided within 24-72 hours after the lab receives the specimen. Test results are immediately posted to the Molecular Provider portal and can also be delivered via fax and email if preferred. All detected results must be reported to the patient’s local county health departments per CDC infectious disease reporting requirements.