A Dynamic Infectious Disease Laboratory
With Molecular™ Infectious Disease, we are proud to offer a dynamic, state-of-the-art laboratory that takes pride in delivering a large STI testing panel via a wide array of collection methods tested with a multitude of platforms. In addition to simplifying the detection and identification of HPV, Molecular Testing Labs provides the detection of a wide array of typically STI-related infections including Chlamydia trachomatis (CT), Neisseria gonorrhoeae (GC), Trichomonas Vaginalis (TR), bacterial vaginosis (BV), Candida vaginitis (CV) as well as Herpes simplex virus II (HSV2). Our dedicated scientists and technologists, along with our fully-developed pipeline and proprietary LIS, ensure that our turn-around-time for ID reporting stays well within a 2-3 day time frame.
- Molecular provides comprehensive, diagnostic services for multiple pathogens – viral and bacterial.
- Molecular's Infectious Diseases department provides research support services for multiple investigators as well as serology and molecular clinical diagnostic services for multiple healthcare facilities.
- The ID department has been participating in research trials of new technologies for the diagnosis of sexually transmitted pathogens, some of which have become standard diagnostic techniques.
A Wide Range of Collection Methods
- Our scientists have developed the capability of STI testing from dried blood spot cards - HIV, HBV, HCV, syphilis, HSVII.
- Current collection methods include: dry blood spot cards, urine, serum, thin prep and swabs.